E-mail MeDaniel J. Wood
Attorney Wood has been practicing law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts since 1995. His first 10 years of practice focused primarily on defending insurance companies in personal injury claims. Over his career, Attorney Wood has defended numerous multi-million dollar cases on behalf of his clients. He has litigated personal injury cases in District, Superior and Federal Courts throughout the Commonwealth. He has defended numerous large exposure cases on behalf of his clients. He has also presented numerous seminars, both locally and nationally, for insurance industry professionals, insurance company clients, and various industry associations including the International Association of Special Investigation Units (IASIU) and the New England Association of Insurance Fraud Investigators (NEAFI). Attorney Wood has presented seminars on various topics including Investigating and Litigating Low Impact Bodily Injury Claims, The Examination Under Oath as an Investigative Tool, Investigating and Litigating BI and PIP Claims, Handling G.L. Chapter 93A Claims, and a Workshop on Cases Affecting SIU Investigations.
Since the establishment of Wood & Gresham, P.C. in 2004, Attorney Wood has offered his years of experience and knowledge of the insurance industry to people who have been injured in accidents. Having worked as an attorney for insurance companies for many years, Attorney Wood has been able to provide his personal injury clients with unique expertise that most other attorneys are unable to provide. If you want an attorney who knows how insurance companies think and act, and you want an attorney who will fight to get you the money you deserve, then Attorney Wood is the attorney you want on your side.
Attorney Wood has also assisted clients and their families with estate planning, probate matters, real estate transactions, business litigation, contract disputes, Lemon law disputes, consumer protection actions, and insurance claims.
Areas of Practice
- 70% Personal Injury
- 10% Probate/Estate Planning
- 10% Contract/Real Estate/Business
- 10% Insurance
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Massachusetts, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1995
- New England Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. magna cum laude - 1995
- Law Review: 1995, Executive Case and Note Editor
- UMass Dartmouth, North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
- B.A. magna cum laude - 1992
- Major: English Writing
- Minor: History
- Boston Cab Association
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car of Boston, Inc.
- Metlife Auto & Home
- East Commerce Solutions, Inc.
- Workshop on Cases Affecting SIU Investigations, 2002, Inter'l Assoc of Ins Fraud Investigator
- Examinations Under Oath as an Investigative Tool, New England Assoc of Insurance Fraud Inv, 1998 - 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member, 1995 - Present
- Norfolk County Bar Association, Member, 2004 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Smith & Brink, P.C., Attorney and Shareholder, 1995 - 2004
Pro Bono Activities
- Treasurer and Director of the Andrew Cloutier Memorial Foundation, 2010 - Present
- Director of Wrentham Youth Baseball Softball Association, 2010 - Present