Being in a car crash is traumatic. Your car is damaged and you are seriously injured. While you are in the hospital, struggling to get better, your income has dried up and medical bills keep piling up. You worry how you are going to make it. In a flash, your life has done a 180.
We understand, because we have seen situations like yours countless times. And we have made those same situations better, countless times. We are the experienced car accident attorneys of Wood & Gresham, P.C., in Wrentham, Massachusetts.
Contact a car accident injury lawyer at Wood & Gresham, P.C., in Franklin, Massachusetts, today.
Preparing For The 'Just-In-Case'
Preparing for an accident might seem a little odd, but accidents do happen. And by preparing "just in case," you will have peace of mind should an accident ever occur. Drivers should have an emergency kit stored in their cars. The emergency kit should include the following:
- Cellphone — the 9-1-1 function on a cellphone will still work if you keep the cell battery charged, even without a service plan
- Pen and paper for taking accident notes
- Disposable camera for documenting the accident scene
- Medical card listing allergies or conditions that would impact treatment
- Contact numbers for law enforcement agencies to notify loved ones
- Emergency safety devices flashlight, emergency flares, warning triangles/cones
Important Steps Following A Vehicular Accident
With your emergency kit in hand, you'll have the tools necessary for documenting the accident scene, sharing important information with other drivers, and all the while remaining safe. By following the steps below, you'll have what you need to obtain necessary information for future financial compensation:
- Keep safety in mind for minor accidents that don't involve serious injuries, vehicles should be moved to the side of the road. However, if the car cannot be moved, turn on your hazard lights, keep passengers in the car with seat belts fastened while you set out safety markers.
- Exchange information for minor and major accidents, you should obtain this information for each vehicle and its driver:
- Driver's name, address and phone number
- Insurance company, policy number if driver's name is different than insured, you should establish the relationship
- Driver's license number and VIN number
- Vehicle owner's name
- Description of the car make, model, color
- Document the accident, use your camera to photograph damage of each vehicle and obtain witness information in case other drivers dispute your version of the accident
- Report the accident, notify police and insurance companies
If you have been involved in a car accident, please contact one of our experienced Wrentham car accident attorneys.
Contact A Franklin, Massachusetts, Car Crash Lawyer Now
Call 508-384-2008 to contact Wood & Gresham, P.C., to discuss your legal options if you or your family member has been injured or killed due to someone's negligence. We offer free consultations and can travel to meet you at your home. Let us use our unique experience to get the compensation you deserve. Our reputation often leads to favorable settlements for our clients.